Monday 18 July 2011

Mermaids and Pirates

My son and daughter had a 'Water' themed day at school last week so they had to dress up and donate £1.00 to school as a fund-raising event for people who have no water in poorer countries.   My daughter wanted to be a mermaid and my son a pirate.  
I would love to say I made the pirate costume all by myself but it was with a little help from Tesco, I just made the t shirt lol How ever I made the mermaid costume from scratch.  
Here is a piccy.

The mermiad tail was maid from a pattern it has wadding inside to keep it nice and plumb I also maid the hair accessory.  In this weather I didnt want her to be restricted in a tight fitting tail lol so attaching one seemed a much better idea and she Loved it!

Right its the last week of school and lots to do, teachers cards and pressies have to be done as well as a few orders, thanks so much for popping by 
Dazie
x

1 comment:

  1. Fab costumes! Love the mermaid's tail - it looks really cool! Takes me back to when my daughter was young and at school - used to love making costumes for the plays!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate every single comment!